Sunday, February 11, 2018

Ben Staley's University Portfolio (part of the CDPOTTP)

BenStaley.weebly.com.  Go there.
You will see what a student did to continue his Digital Portfolio.  He is a graduate of High Tech High and his portfolio at HTH is located here   TinyURL.com/exampleDP

Some sample pages of his updated portfolio are below:

BenStaley.weebly.com.



=========== 

You can see Ben's full High Tech High DP at TinyURL.com/ExampleDP


Here are some sample pages








========

Here are some pages from Abel Thon's digital portfolio








These images are taken from an ebook that describes the process of making a DP
The School Counselor's Guide to Digital Portfolios
TINYURL.com/sundp5

=========

This collection posted here is valuable because my students (who have never created a website) can see what a near peer completed and MAINTAINED.  Imagine:  After four years of High Tech High, Ben continued to keep track of "what I did in college" -- more than I did when I was in grad school.

Do you need a push to get started with a digital portfolio?  Listen to Tony Wagner of Harvard University.



As part of the effort to show "real" portfolios (not just "templates), I'm sharing the link to my DP that I collected while failing to complete a doctoral program.
Here's my grad school "attempt" of keeping a digital portfolio.  Ben has shared his work... I should open my DP to the planet.
TinyURL.com/SteveMccreaDP



This is a screenshot of an actual Blackboard post
that I made in a class about trends in Distance education.





I'm more satisfied with my work on the idea of 
Distance Education Day (so that's part of my portfolio)

See my post about a suggested "CDPOTTP" -- and I offer this blogpost as part of that effort.




To learn a simple 11-step method to make a DP (a webstie produced and maintained by students), go to TINYURL.com/FWPstart

Kelley is an advocate of website maintained by students.  His description shows a system that links ES, MS and HS (all three levels of K-12).

1 comment:

  1. This system of digital portfolios appears useful... I will show this to my son.

    ReplyDelete